In connection with a planned high level delegation visit from Norway to Jordan in the beginning of spring 2020, The Embassy of the Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan, in cooperation with Oslo Chamber of Commerce, would like to invite you to an introduction seminar on the business opportunities in Jordan for Norwegian companies.
Program of the day:
08.30: Light breakfast.
09:00: Welcome speech By H.E. Ambassador Mr. Janti Kalajoqa.
After that, follows:
- Khaled Al Wazani, Chairman of Jordan Investment Commission (JIC)
- Al-Wazani is currently the Chairman of Jordan Investment Commission (JIC). From 2015 to 2019 he served as the Strategy and Knowledge Advisor for Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum Knowledge Foundation (MBRF) in Dubai. Dr. Al-Wazani previously held several positions including Chief Economist/Strategist of Issnaad Consulting, General Manager and CEO of Saraya Aqaba Real Estate, Taameer Jordan Holdings (PLC) and Darat Jordan Holdings (PLC) as General Manager and CEO between 2006 and 2011. Dr. Al-Wazani has held different senior positions in Jordan including Director General of the Jordanian Customs Department, Advisor at the Royal Hashemite Court and Director General of the Social Security Corporation. Dr. Wazani earned his PhD in Economics and his bachelor’s degree in accounting from Cairo University, and his master’s degree in economics from the American University of Cairo.
- Overview of the Jordanian economy
- The most important indicators of the Economy
- Jordan investment commission/Current and future role
- The competitiveness of the Jordanian economy
- The most important investment opportunities in Jordan
- Presenting a film about investment in Jordan.
- Aqaba Special Economic Zone Authority (ASEZA):
- Nayef Bakheet, Chief Commissioner of ASEZA
- The Aqaba Special Economic Zone is a global hub, with three continents converging and forming a global hub for investors and tourists alike. The region lies on the Gulf of Aqaba, which flows into the Red Sea. It forms a strategic outlet for regional and international markets, maximizing business opportunities in all sectors and providing an advanced standard of living. The Aqaba Special Economic Zone Authority plays a leading role at the administrative and governmental level in the Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan and applies the principle of good governance based on transparency and effectiveness in the decision-making process.
- 1. Aqaba as a Special Economic zone
- Presenting 5-7 different Industrial and touristic projects
- Social Security Investment Fund (SSIF)
- Kholoud M. Saqqaf, Chief Executive Officer – Vice Chairman of the Board SSIF
- The Social Security Investment Fund (SSIF) (formerly the Investment Unit) was established in 2001 to manage investment of the Social Security Corporation (SSC) funds with the objective of realizing meaningful and sustainable returns on SSC investments while maintaining the real value of the assets and providing the liquidity needed to meet the SSC’s future obligations. The Fund started its operations in the beginning of 2003 after adoption of the investment strategies that govern its work.
- Foundation of the SSIF + film
- Investment opportunities in the SSIF (The largest sovereign fund in Jordan)
- Investment opportunities in sectors that is presented by the SSIF
- Investment opportunities in sectors that is interesting for the Norwegian Market.
- Jordan Tourism Board (JTB):
- The Jordan Tourism Board (JTB) was officially launched in March 1998 as an independent, public – private sector partnership committed to utilize marketing strategies to brand, position and promote the Jordan tourism product as the destination of choice in the international markets. The adopted strategies are tuned to reflect the true image of the Jordan tourism product, being a cultural, natural, religious, adventurous, leisure and MICE destination.
- Topics: Travel opportunities in Jordan and Jordan as destination for Scandinavians.
- Innovation Norway: Rita Brokstad , Regional Director Africa and Middle East
- Introduction to the IN Jordan – Market study report
- Norwegian Company experience:
- Sahara Forest Project:
- Kjetil Stake, Managing Director of Sahara Forest project
- The Sahara Forest Project Foundation is a Norwegian-registered non-profit organization turning awareness-raising and advocacy into action by realizing Water-Energy-Food Nexus facilities in dry areas. The Sahara Forest Project in Jordan uses saltwater, sunlight, desert areas and CO2 to produce food, freshwater, biomass and clean energy.
Venue: Oslo Chamber of Commerce, St. Olavs gate 27, Oslo